Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday 27 July 2013 - Singapore




After breakfast Terry made enquiries about tours.  We booked a number of bus tours and were picked up in a vehicle belonging to the tour company.  It was raining and a bit miserable so we thought travelling around the city to see it in a bus would be a good way to spend our time.  We were taken to their depot and got on a bus which had a ramp to allow access.  There was a space for a wheelchair, but I had to hang on to a rail to prevent my chair moving.  Even with my brakes on my wheels slid about.  It was a great way to see the city and sometimes the rain subsided.  We got off the bus to visit Little India.  I was hoping to use the disabled toilet there but the hygiene standard and rail set up was very poor so I left to find somewhere else.  We all enjoyed the colour and bustle of the place with the large variety of outlets in the food court.  We played it safe with some dahl bread and vegetable curry.  We sat and people-watched as we enjoyed our food.  Our bus trips took us past places we picked to visit the following day when we were told the weather would be better.


No comments:

Post a Comment