Saturday, January 25, 2014

Thursday 1 August 2013 - Engen




We had our delicious hotel breakfast.  This hotel seems very popular with truckies and also busloads of tourists stop here for a meal each day.  We had no plans for the morning so relaxed a bit and I caught up with uploading my photos to my Tablet and portable hard drive.  After lunch Waldemar took me, Sharney and Terry to Gaienhofen which is another popular tourist spot on Bodensee.  He took the “scenic” route rather than the autobahn so we passed through some lovely countryside and small picturesque villages.  Just like the day before, people were enjoying the sunshine in and on the water.  This is the summer holiday season and people come from  near and far to make the most of the glorious weather. We all sat at a café on the pier and had a drink or ice-cream.  Unfortunately, there was no disabled toilet in the area so we stopped at Roma’s workplace at SeeMaxx Factory Outlet Center in Radolfzell on the way back and I used the toilet there.  The toilet had pull down rails.  I called Sharney in to have a look and showed her that the mirror was too high to see myself to comb my hair.  Roma said she would speak to the management about it.  It has since been rectified.


Roma came home with us and Christoph and his family came round to Waldemar’s place too so we had another pleasant evening together.










No comments:

Post a Comment